Saturday 11 February 2012

Stick to what you know

I'm a true believer in 'change is good' 'embrace change' this might be the case but not when it comes to restaurants! Tonight my fiance and I decided to have a early Valentines meal and go to a new Indian restaurant which has opened around the corner. After waiting for over 40mins in a very busy bar area we came to the conscious decision that we had been forgotten off the list and left. There was no acknowledgement or apology as no one noticed. I'm guessing from the length of the wait and the aromatic aroma that the food is good but I couldn't bare the thought of being spending an evening here if the service was anything to go by.

Instead we decided to leave and go to our favourite Indian restaurant. A small family owned restaurant where the service is always superb and food is delicious.  I felt almost guilty that we hadn't been to them to start with. I am a true believer in supporting local and small companies and this one in particular I love. We got a meal to go as it was a bit late but I was by no means disappointed, as always everything was yum! So if you are ever in Sheffield and looking for a good Indian restaurant then I recommend Kababish Original on West Street (previously Sahib).

Back to today! I have been piecing together my bunting on to the rare yellow bias binding which I have been searching all over for! I couldn't be happier with the results. My first attempt of making bunting and I'm cuffed to bits!! Take a look:

So to sum up today, service does matter in fact it matters as much as the food or the purchase and making bunting will always brighten up my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment