Monday 20 February 2012

Working Weekend

It was always going to happen a quiet weekend with no blogging. However my weekend has not been as quiet. I have been working away at Moda, well and truly in my element. I love events and exhibitions, the set up, behind the scenes drama followed by a successful show!
I have only been to Birmingham once before briefly and didn't get chance to explore, this weekend however I was able to. My friend and I went wondering into the vibrant city to check out the sights. We also treated ourselves to tea in Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant one of the many first of the evening. In a beautiful industrial building with a rustic edge it was the perfect start to the evening. Words to describe it....mmmmm!! The food was to die for. Limoncello mojito, the world's best olives, wild truffle risotto topped with wine. Enough said. I would recommend and even go again!
Exploring further we went to the Jewellery Quarter, where I had my first Ameretto sours, again yum! Followed by some more regular mojitos and girly gossip! The perfect evening and a fabulous weekend. Even if it was work!
Today back in the office and feeling rather tired. After a winning game of netball, I'm knackered. To bed for me as another busy couple of days ahead! But I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment