Monday 2 January 2012

All in the Heart ♥

I woke up this morning, opened my Twitter and read 'Aim for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars'... a beautiful quote which got my rearing to go!

Making the most of the bank holiday before the back to work blues begin, today is the day which I got organised. Starting with taking down the Christmas decorations, packing them away ready to open again later this year,. If this year was anything like last it will be Christmas again before you know it!! Time goes sooo fast! This was a sad moment as always. I love the spirit of Christmas, the twinkly lights, the giving of presents and how families all come together. And if it's my family this is a whole lot of traveling... I have had the most wonderful time and it was all worth it I might add!

On a role, loving the practicality of the day, I continued by making Spicy Butternut Squash soup. This was a first for me and something I will not be making again. Note to self recipes are there for a reason! Oh well...least I know that Mushroom Soup is always a fave. Soup is a favourite of mine especially on blustery winter days. I'm sure there will be many more soup days to come...this is England!

Feeling motivated and wordy from such a wonderful quote this morning I got on to putting my words into stitch. The creative in me was ignited. Having spent many evenings of 2011 hand stitching hearts I felt it was only right to continue this and add some words. What I will do with these...I will have to wait and see. In the mean time here are some of the collection.


I love making hearts and hopefully later this year my sewing skills will venture into other projects; but for now it all all in the heart and I personally L♥ve!

No comments:

Post a Comment