Monday 9 January 2012

Looking for a Sporting Challenge...try Netball - I love it!

Where you the sporty girl at school who was in every team or where you like me...the girl being picked towards the end and only then was it because you added a comedy value because you run like Phoebe from Friends?!
Sport has never been my strong point. I was and still am a curvy, fuller figured girl. Running is not something I enjoy! I've tried it, don't get me wrong but it's not for me. 
I've tried many things and they just haven't stuck. Apart from recently. Dance and Netball! 

I have danced since the age of 2 when I went to my first ballet lesson. The ballet pumps, the tutu, the pink everything about it I loved...but as you grow up moods change and I fell out of love with the skin tight leotards, which hugged my body in all the wrong places! I still danced on and off for many years but it was more in the comfort of my own home rather than on the big stage. But it doesn't matter, every girl loves to dance! To what, where, how it doesn't matter, its just a great way to let your hair down and express yourself!

Moving into my twenties I found Dance Fusion...everyone has heard of Zumba, well Dance Fusion is similar to this but a run locally and I love it! That was until it was replaced by a new timetable. 

Looking for a new challenge I decided to bite the bullet and join in training with my work netball team. At first I thought it would be a little bit of fun and a good way of keeping fit, but it has become more than that! I am part of a team, to which I feel as though I belong (no longer just for comedy) and it is also soooo much more competitive than I remember it being and fast paced! I'm not going to pretend to be amazing but I give it my all and have fun doing so! 
So. if you are looking for a new sporting challenge this January, why not try netball! Keep fit, make friends and have fun! 
As don't forget, 'exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy' and is that not what we are all trying to achieve!?!

But don't forget ladies if you are doing sport, always wear a Sports bra, no matter what shape or size you are and if you still have time start early. Not only will it give you more confidence to move it will help prevent damage to your breast tissue, which can be irreversible.

My sporting challenge for 2012 is to finally try a Zumba class...I want to see what all the fuss is about, plus it sounds like great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment