Tuesday 3 January 2012

You have my attention!

For Christmas I received a fabulously witty autobiography of the hilariously funny James Corden. I'm only two chapters in and found it difficult to put the book down...I love his honesty and his style of writing is that I feel I can connect with.

This book got me thinking. And for 7.30am it was an early start on my first day back to work. The coggs were turning and I was switched on.  However after a long day in the office, clicking through emails and traffic light coding my deadlines I felt exhausted.

When I got home I set about doing something productive with my evening. Determined not to be halted so early on! Having flicked through Christmas cards which are now tided away into a craft box I felt lost. Something was/ is missing this evening. Maybe it is because my fiance is at the other end of the country working away, maybe it is because I am trying to think too hard about something which should come naturally, who knows!

The stubbornness in me has refused to give in. Tonight I have experimented with a new angle on making hearts, and boy have struggled! I might be doing it the long way round but putting a piping edge on a stuffed heart is not easy. I remember it being a lot simpler when I was at school making cushion covers but I gave it a go and here is the result.


They are by no means perfect and need to have some cute kitsch bow, button details adding for that vintage homemade look. Overall for first attempt in a very long time, on a more complicated shape I think I've done well!! Any tips for would be greatly appreciated!
I will be sure to post the final look when completed. I will not give up on piping and will try again at some point!


To quote one of my favourite girls groups of all times...Never Give Up! (Spice Girls)

'Never give up on the good times, gotta believe in the love you find
(Never give it up no, never give it up no oh oh)
Never give up on the good times, living it up is a state of mind
(Never give it up no, never give it up no oh oh)'

No comments:

Post a Comment